15th Annual Brain Injury Rehabilitation Conference
presented by Scripps Health
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, 1441 Quivira Road, San Diego, CA 92109
This course is designed to provide a clear understanding of the need for multidisciplinary strategies in the management of patients with brain injuries.
The Annual Brain Injury Rehabilitation Conference is designed to provide a clear understanding of the need for multidisciplinary strategies in the management of patients with brain injuries. A renowned faculty of interdisciplinary specialists will present the latest in research and outcomes from a variety of medical perspectives. A strong emphasis on the need for increased quality, efficiency, and value in response to health care reform will be a consistent theme throughout the course as we continue our quest for excellence in brain injury treatment and rehabilitation.
View the AGENDA!
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of brain injury and its resultant impairments, disability, and psychosocial impact.
- Identify neurophysiological mechanisms involved in brain plasticity and their potential application to improving practice and service provision across rehabilitation disciplines.
- Discuss the life long, post-acute rehabilitation needs of individuals with traumatic brain injuries and the importance of developing long term care plans.
- Review the latest rehabilitative and assistive technology tools for individuals with traumatic brain injuries.
- Examine the latest advances in neuroimaging for brain injury rehabilitation.
- Identify current robotic technologies in the role of brain injury rehabilitation.
- Evaluate cutting-edge neurosurgical interventions for brain injury rehabilitation.
Accreditation and Disclosures
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credits for other health care professionals will also be available.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME Accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgment will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.