CLE Comprehensive Lifelong Expeditious: Care of Aortic Dissection
presented by Cleveland Clinic
InterContinental Cleveland, 9801 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland, OH
Research continually expands the evidence base related to the assessment, diagnosis, and management of patients with aortic dissection. In addition, new technologies and new devices are expanding the therapeutic choices available. These include improvements in hybrid, endovascular, and conventional open surgical repair, which represent the current mainstay of treatment for aortic dissection. The data on these expanded technologies make it difficult for busy practitioners and surgeons to remain up to date on their knowledge and their best use in clinical practice. This interdisciplinary case based activity will provide an in-depth review and analysis of current state-of-the-art practices in the management of patients with aortic dissection. The program is designed to engage learners in debates, discussion, and clinical decision making to share best practices with expert faculty from some of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary aorta centers.
After completing this educational activity, participants will be able to do the following:
- Summarize the evidence supporting the role of genetics and family history as it affects the risk of aortic dissection.
- Recognize symptoms of acute aortic dissection and describe appropriate diagnostic testing and assessment.
- Describe the optimal care of acute aortic dissection though the continuum of care from emergency department to lifetime follow-up.
- List the pros and cons of various imaging modalities for differentiating features of dissection from other diagnoses.
- Select appropriate management strategies for patients with chronic aortic dissection.
- Analyze the available options for the assessment and management of patients with acute aortic dissection.
Cardiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons, radiologists, internists, nurses, physician assistants and all healthcare professionals involved in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of patients with aortic dissection
Cleveland Clinic has ranked as the nation’s #1 heart care program for 24 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report.
Upcoming live Cleveland Clinic CME activities for cardiovascular specialists:
Click HERE to view the syllabus