KU ASH 2019 Review: Current Updates in Hematologic Diseases
presented by The University of Kansas Cancer Center
Sheraton Hotel at the Overland Park Convention Center - 6100 College Boulevard, Overland Park, Kansas
The American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting serves as a venue to discuss the most recent breakthroughs in the treatment of blood diseases and malignancies as well as state of the art treatment methodologies and cutting-edge advancements. This conference will discuss highlights from the 2019 ASH Meeting. It will also provide opportunities for academic and community physicians and health care providers from the states of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and surrounding areas to discuss these advances with renowned experts in the field. Our distinguished presenters will include our KUMC experts as well as invited national leaders.
This symposium is designed for physicians, nurses and healthcare providers working in various roles in the fields of hematology and oncology, and providers of care or services for patients with hematologic conditions.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Analyze positive & negative trials in AML & MDS that have changed our approach for upfront therapies.
- Evaluate the advances for MPN biopsy and treatments presented at the ASH Annual Meeting.
- Discuss the indications for transplant and cellular therapies in various hematologic neoplasms including myeloid diseases, lymphoma, and myeloma.
- Examine the most useful data from the Annual ASH meeting about Benign Hematology.
- Assess the best utilization of novel agents, expected outcomes and data in support of their efficacy for lymphoma and myeloma.
For more information or to register, please visit the event website.
Click HERE to view the syllabus