Learn MSK Sono Workshop
presented by Learn MSK Sono
4 others would like to attend.
I need an invite
Embassy Suites by Hilton, Meadowlands Room, 455 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094
This two-day workshop, designed for healthcare professionals with little to no ultrasound scanning experience, is the ideal introduction to performing diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound-guided injections. Workshop faculty, Jamie Bie, RMSKS, RDMS, RVT, Senior Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Specialist in the Department of Radiology at Columbia University Medical Center and Dr. Greg Wilde, Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology at Lenox Hill Radiology, are pioneers in the field of MSK Ultrasound. In addition to extensive lecturing and hands-on teaching, Jamie Bie and Dr. Wilde have developed the comprehensive Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound eCourse for Pegasus Lectures.
Participants will learn the normal and abnormal appearance of the anatomical structures of the upper and lower extremities in addition to scanning techniques and image optimization. Topics covered include an overview of basic ultrasound physics, step-by-step protocols of the peripheral joints, case presentations of pathology, and an introduction to the set-up and technique for ultrasound-guided injections. Hands-on scanning sessions with live models provide ample instructor-guided practice of scanning techniques.
- Identify normal musculoskeletal anatomy encountered during MSK ultrasound imaging
- Demonstrate scanning protocols for shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, hip, knee, ankle/foot, and peripheral nerve ultrasound examinations
- Describe anatomical targets and landmarks key in identifying MSK structures
- Demonstrate proper transducer placement and system optimization to generate diagnostic ultrasound images
- Understand the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound applications
- Demonstrate the set-up and technique necessary for the performance of upper and lower extremity ultrasound-guided MSK injections
- Demonstrate "in-plane" and "out of plane" interventional techniques using an inanimate Phantoms
- Combination of didactic and live scanning lectures to maximize retention of MSK Ultrasound concepts and interventional techniques
- Limited registration with 4:1 student to instructor ratio for hands-on scanning
- Continental breakfast served both mornings.
- Fully illustrated course text “Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: A Comprehensive Guide to MSK Imaging and Interventional Techniques, 1st Edition” available for purchase. Additional SDMS credits available.
- 25% off “Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound eCourse” offered to participants interested in learning from home at their own pace
This workshop is designed for physicians, physician assistants, ultrasound technologists, sonographers, physical therapists, and healthcare professionals interested in learning or refining existing skills in musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound guided interventional procedures. Delivered in a highly interactive format with ample opportunity for hands-on practice with live models and phantoms, this program focuses on musculoskeletal fundamentals, scanning protocols, injection demonstrations, and case-based pathology lectures. Little or no musculoskeletal ultrasound experience is required as this workshop will provide the fundamentals to learn and improve the ability to recognize and treat dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system.
Credit Designation (CME):
- 12 SDMS credits
- An additional 20 SDMS credits are available upon completion of cme questions in course text
Jamie Bie, RDMS, RVT, RMSKS, Senior MSK Ultrasound Specialist, Columbia University/New York-Presbyterian Imaging
Jamie is the Senior Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Specialist at Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Imaging. She was awarded the ARDMS Pioneer Musculoskeletal Ultrasound credential in 2012. In addition to holding the RMSKS credential, she is also registered in Vascular Technology, Abdomen, OB/GYN, and Breast. Jamie has written departmental protocols and has trained several physicians and sonographers in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. Jamie is the author of “Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: A comprehensive guide to MSK Imaging and Interventional Techniques” and she co-developed “The Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound eCourse” for Pegasus Lectures. Her brand, learnmsksono.com, provides MSK Ultrasound training for healthcare professionals. Jamie is an active member of the AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Council (UPAC) and reviews MSK practices for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound accreditation.
Gregory E. Wilde, M.D., Division Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology at Lenox Hill Radiology
Gregory E. Wilde, M.D. is a fellowship-trained musculoskeletal radiologist who serves as Division Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology at Lenox Hill Radiology in Manhattan. Dr. Wilde specializes in the diagnosis of bone and joint disorders related to sports medicine, physiatry, orthopedics, and rheumatology with special skills in diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound, MRI, CT, and radiographic diagnosis of musculoskeletal disorders. In addition to having trained several sonographers who have become registered in MSK ultrasound, Dr. Wilde serves on the Accreditation Committee for the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and reviews MSK practices for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound accreditation. He is a reviewer for the American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR) and Skeletal Radiology and is a member of the American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), and the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM). Dr. Wilde graduated from Tulane University with a BSE in Biomedical Engineering and received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine, District of Columbia. Following medical school, he completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Christiana Care Health System, Delaware. Dr. Wilde then completed a fellowship in Musculoskeletal Radiology at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
RDMS, RVT, RMSKS, Columbia University/New York-Presbyterian Imaging
MD, Lenox Hill Radiology, New York, NY
Click HERE to view the syllabus
4 others would like to attend.
I need an invite