Vascular Ultrasound Master Class 2021
presented by Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center
Expert faculty will discuss basics of vascular ultrasound physics and techniques of examinations, their clinical applications and interpretations. Protocols will be reviewed with interpretation classes, and didactic lessons will feature case studies and discussion to build strong basic knowledge. The course is designed for participants seeking advanced knowledge of vascular ultrasound and its clinical applications.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, ultrasound technologists, sonographers, residents, fellows and students
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the arterial-venous vascular anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
Recognize characteristic patterns of blood flow in the vessels.
- Recognize characteristic patterns of blood flow in the vessels.
- Identify proper techniques for performing comprehensive vascular ultrasound studies.
- Relate normal and abnormal blood flow patterns to clinical presentation.
- Recognize and interpret vascular ultrasound findings.
- Describe clinical usefulness and limitations of the vascular ultrasound evaluations.
Houston Methodist is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Houston Methodist designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information please visit the official event page.