Outpatient Total Joints: Transitioning to Same-day Surgery
presented by Medtronic
This webinar is designed to provide the rationale for performing outpatient total joint procedures. Our expert faculty will share their experiences with successfully transitioning to same-day surgery. Faculty will discuss the innovative methods and techniques used to perform outpatient total joint procedures including tourniquet-less total knee arthroplasty (TKA) and direct anterior total hip arthroplasty (THA). Additional topics include post-acute care to optimize patient outcomes, the importance of value based healthcare, and optimizing the continuum of care throughout the patient journey.
- Understand the methodologies for performing Total Joint Arthroplasty procedures in 23 hour/same day facility, including minimizing use of tourniquets in TKA and anterior approach total hip arthroplasty.
- Determine optimal patient selection criteria for Outpatient Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Optimize pain management, blood management, and post-acute care in the outpatient setting
- Review the economics of operational costs and reimbursement policies for outpatient surgeries
- Discuss the benefits for the surgeon and improved patient outcomes
- Review interoperative techniques and technologies that facilitate rapid rehabilitation
Credits: This lecture qualifies for 0 CME credit hours.
Copyright: Any and/or all materials are for the exclusive use of the faculty and participants of the live activity. Any copying, duplicating or reproducing of any and/or all materials by electronic, mechanical or other means for any purpose other than this enduring activity is strictly prohibited without prior written consent of the author of those materials.
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality: For more information regarding VuMedi's Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality, please visit http://www.vumedi.com/pages/privacy/
For questions regarding this activity, please contact VuMedi: email@example.com