International Brain Health Symposium 2024
presented by AdventHealth
11 others would like to attend.
404 Celebration Pl, Celebration, FL 34747, United States
This two-day symposium will create a forum for open dialogue, discussion, and debate about the etiology, progression, and therapeutic approaches for a better understanding of cognitive aging. This CME accredited event will create a lively, respectful atmosphere, engaging scientists, and clinicians around the topics of brain health in late adulthood featuring didactic presentations and poster sessions led by experts in neuroscience, psychology, and related fields. Specifically, this event focuses on current advances in etiology, biomarker assessment, treatment, and prevention of cognitive aging, such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Additional topics of the symposium include cutting edge technology for measurement approaches, cognitive reserve, and maintaining brain health into late life.
As a result of participation in this CME program participants should be able to:
- Describe the current state of the field with respect to the importance and relevance of blood-based biomarkers for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease neuropathology.
- Discuss the physiological, behavioral, and pathological differences between Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and normal cognitive aging.
- Determine the current impact of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical approaches for the prevention and treatment of cognitive aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Identify therapeutic approaches for prevention and treatment of cognitive aging.
- Discuss aspects of the relationship between the study of cognitive reserve and brain health.
- Identify signs of progression in disorders associated with aging, such as Dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Discuss the etiology of disorders associated with cognitive aging.
AdventHealth Tampa is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth Tampa designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Non-Endorsement of Products
AdventHealth Tampa as an accredited provider, has demonstrated experience and viable resources to provide valid and reliable evaluation of CME activities. The accuracy of the facts and opinions contained in this activity are the responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of AdventHealth Tampa or its sponsors. Practitioners should consult primary resources, state regulations, and their healthcare facility policies and procedures for specific application of said content to their local situation. AdventHealth Tampa does not infer any real or implied endorsement of any product, service, or company neither referred to in this activity nor of any company subsidizing costs related to this activity. All information contained in this activity is for educational purposes only.
For more information please visit the official event page.
11 others would like to attend.